Pages

Wednesday 21 September 2016

College life trip at Tamaki College

Image result for tamaki college
Yesterday morning us year 8 Point England students arrived at Tamaki College early in the morning. We walked in the school auditorium(hall) and sat on chairs ready for our host to welcome us. Mrs Moore welcomed us and introduced our student host, she also told us about our timetable for the day. The reason why we were at Tamaki College for the day was because our teachers wanted us year 8’s to experience how college life is before we are year 9’s next year.

I was in group B and our first class was social studies with Miss Apelu, it was pretty emotional. We looked at how kids travel to school around the world. While I was looking at the photos Miss Apelu casted on the screen, I felt sorry and bad for the kids. They climbed the cliffs, walked with their school uniforms in the river, travelling on ice, walked on a broken bridge, and kids walking on small paths on the cliffs. I walked to school with chills in the morning, but I finally looked at other kids having problems travelling to school desperate to learn.

Then in the same class we had mathematics with Mr Sharma, it was fun. We looked at how  many meters we walked. I walked 2.03km yesterday by walking to Point England school and walking to Tamaki College. We then played Kahoot online where Khaia won overall. We went out to play shape shifter where we had to make the shape that was called out by using our bodies. Tevita, Toma, Josh, and I won.

It was time for interval. This was one of my highlights because our host provided our food. We had a water bottle, apples, bar, and a jelly snack. My friends and I finished our snacks and chose to walk around the school. As we were walking around the school, I saw that they just sit, play handball, play loud songs and play on their phones. Where at our school we play with sport gear. The bell rang and we went to our normal technology classes in Tuesdays, their interval was only 20min. In graphics we drew Tongan kahoa and learnt some Tongan facts.

We then walked back to the auditorium for lunch. This time the student host provided us subway, apples, water bottle, and a bar, it was delicious. We had more time to explore around the school and inside the class hall. The bell rang again and we were off to our english classes. My class was B4 and we had Mr Tuuga Stevenson. I learnt that in college english classes we read first, write, then create. It was one of my highlights. At 2:20pm we had Physical Education at the Tamaki Recenter. We played heaps of fun games like tiggy but a different version.

We walked back to the auditorium to finish off our day. This time the deputy principal Mr Dunn, dismissed us. It was one of the best days I had for the year. I can’t wait to attend Tamaki College next year because I noticed that everyone treats each other like their family members.  Thank you Tamaki College!

No comments:

Post a Comment