Pages

Thursday 22 December 2016

2k16 senior prizegiving

Year 7 & 8 Sports Award Squad
“Let the senior prize giving begin!!” Mr Burt said with enthusiasm. It was the Point England School senior prize giving for 2016. The parents and families gathered around to support their child receiving an award. Or some supporting their child's year item. My family was also there. The kapa haka finished their emotional item so it was time for awards to be given out. First was year 5 & 6 class awards, then it was the year 5’s item. I think the year 5 item was cool because everyone moved together and their moves matched the song that was playing.


It was time for the team 4 sports award which was one of the highlights I enjoyed. 5 of the team 4 students had 2 or 3 awards with trophies included. When it was time for the sportswoman and sportsman nominees movie, I thought it was a close match because the nominees were all good. But for the sportswoman, Faioso was the overall winner. For sportsman, Javan was the winner. It was time for the year 6 item. There item was the same as the year 5 item. I think it was better than our item.


It was time for the team 5 class awards. “For 100% attendance Sulieti Rautiti” “WOOHOOOOO SHOT SULI !!!!!” My friends and I yelled. We were so happy for Sulieti so we screamed out loud. As the classes went by, my friends and I were the loudest audience whenever our mates names are called out. “For citizenship, Promiseland Ulipa” Once again we yelled our heads off. Then… “For best effort, Taunese Leitufia” As I got up, I felt proud to receive the best effort award because all year I was putting 110% effort in everything I participated in. But before I could get to Mrs Tele’a to receive a lolly-lei, I heard Mr Burt say “for 100% attendance, Taunese Leitufia and Shelford Reihana”. I was getting 2 class awards which was a lot of improvement for myself. Because I always get sports awards. At the end I was even happy to stand with some of my close friends on the stage with the lights shining on us.


Myself receiving Intermediate female MVP rugby award
“Let’s give it up for the year 7 item” Mr Burt announced. “LET’S GO LANI!!!” I shouted as they made their way up on the stage. They were dancing to DJ bravo Champion. There item was also better than ours but I think team 4 was better. It was the last bunch of awards which was the year 7 & 8 sport awards. “Most valuable player Intermediate female....Taunese Leitufia” I received a small trophy that had my name and a big trophy which had the names of previous girls that received the award. Temauri was the winner for sportsmen and Elizabeth U was the winner for sportswoman which I thought she deserved well.

It was a long award session. At the end I my hands were full with trophies and awards. Mr Burt called up Mrs Moore who was the deputy principal for Tamaki College just down the road. They were announcing the Manaiakalani school scholarship awards. There were only 5 scholarships and they were Marilyn, Elizabeth U, Promise, Elizabeth G, and myself. My family was proud of me. It was the last performance of the night and that was us the year 8's. It was our last prize giving dance so my friends and I made the most of it. At the end we sang our school song "strive to succeed".

My total awards

Receiving
heaps of awards was awesome for me on my last year. I received best effort(class award), 100% attendance(class award), MVP female rugby player, netball team spirit, MVP female cricket, House captain, and Manaiakalani scholarship.

I'd just like to thank Mrs Tele'a for always being there for me during my learning. I think I wouldn't get any class awards if it wasn't for you helping me with my learning. Thank you Miss Va'afusuaga for another amazing year of sports and also to my coaches for helping me be active at my sport AND my learning. I never thought I'll get this much awards if it wasn't for you guys so thank you. To Point England School students and staff, thank you for giving me the opportunity to be a house captain. I was able to show leadership around the school. It was useful because I received a scholarship and I think I'm ready to show leadership at college as well. Lastly I'd like to thank my family for always having my back during my schooling and sports. I hope I made you guys proud!

No comments:

Post a Comment