Pages

Monday 7 May 2018

My Significant Place: Samoa: Lauli'i

Today in Social Studies, we learnt about the meaning of significant. I learnt that significant means importance and noteworthy. We had to write about a place that is significant to us. Below is a paragraph of mine about my significant place. My village in Samoa: Lauli'i.

The place that is significant to me is .... My village in Samoa - Lauli’i because … it is the place where my genealogy birthed. It is the place where my ancestors were born and were raised up, coming down to my parents as well as myself and my older siblings. This significant place of mine is the place where my identity started and thrived since I was born until I moved to NZ in 2005. It provided myself food, especially cultivation food from our family plantation. Lauli’i provided fresh water…. Provided shelter where I lay as a child and warmth from the sun. Most of all my village gave me love that I now give to others as well as the knowledge that they passed down to me that I now use. Although I haven’t been back but I still remember everything that this place has done for myself and my ancestors. This is why Lauli’i is my significant village because it was where my life started as a young child experiencing life.

No comments:

Post a Comment